Long Lake Fire-Rescue Mission Statement
The mission of the Long Lake Township Fire Rescue Department is to serve the community by protecting life, property, and the environment through preparation, prevention, and response.
Our organizational structure includes:
- Fire Chief Andrew Down
- Deputy Chief Christopher Magiera
- Dave Grattopp – Director of EMS
- Captain Matthew Delzio
- Firefighter/Medical First Responders
In addition to responses within Long Lake Township, we provide mutual aid support for our neighboring Fire Departments within Grand Traverse and surrounding counties.
Our emergency services include:
- Emergency Medical Services: Advanced Life Support Ambulance
- Fire Suppression: Structural, Wildland
- Rescue: Ice Rescue, Vehicle Rescue/Extrication, Off-road
- Marine: Fire suppression for forested islands on Long Lake
- Disaster: Fire Station can become a shelter for disaster relief
Additionally, we provide year-round training and continuing education for our firefighters and EMS personnel. Each of our firefighters have the following minimum qualifications:
- Michigan Firefighter I
- Michigan Firefighter II
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Advanced Vehicle Extrication training
- State of Michigan Driver Training Certificate
- Licensed Medical First Responder or Emergency Medical Technician
- CPR for Heath Care Provider certificate
We provide emergency services 24 hours a day/365 days a year using a combination of Full-Time, Part-Time and On Call staff personnel enabling us to provide immediate response to all 911 emergency calls.
Interested in learning more about becoming a member? Please contact Fire Chief Andrew Down at (231) 947-4096.