Long Lake Fire-Rescue, Traverse City, MI is currently accepting applications for:
Salary Range: $59,404.80 through $72,304.00
- Benefits Include Township Medical / Eye / Dental Insurance (currently Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan) *After 60 days of employment.
- HSA with $2000 Township annual contribution
- 401A Retirement Plan
- 11% Employer Contribution
- Lateral transfer pay
- Paid Time Off / Vacation Days Holiday Pay
- Longevity pay
- PTO buy back
- Life insurance
- Short Term/ Long Term disability insurance
- Uniform allowance
Long Lake Township located 10 minutes west of Traverse City, Michigan is one of the nation’s top tourist destinations with year-round, four seasons recreation. With a large 2,860-acre lake in the middle of our 36 square mile township, proximity to Lake Michigan, Grand Traverse Bay, state, and national parks, we see a large population influx in the spring, summer and fall.
Our airport’s non-stop service from major airports around the country caters to a large influx of seasonal visitors. Long Lake Township is a bedroom community that is rapidly growing. As such, Long Lake Township Fire-Rescue is constantly expanding to care for the health, safety, and well-being of our community. Voters approved a property tax millage to support the construction of a new emergency services station, set to open in 2022.
We provide Advanced Life Support transporting service to our township. Long Lake Fire-Rescue ALS ambulance is dedicated to 911 responses within Long Lake Township.
Duties include: fire suppression, emergency medical care, hazardous materials, technical rescue, confined space rescue, public education, maintaining equipment, including: apparatus, tools, equipment and stations, participating in training, protecting life, property and other related duties.
- 56-hour work week
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete criminal background check (No Felony Convictions)
- State of Michigan Firefighter 1 & 2 Certification
- Current State of Michigan Paramedic or have National Registry Current AHA CPR Certification
- Current ACLS, Pals, PHTLS or ITLS
- Must have approval to function and be in good standing with NRMCA or applicable Medical Control Authority in your current job.
- Hazardous Materials Operations Level Certification
- Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
- Pass Pre-Employment and annual Physical
- Must be willing to work up to 48-hour shifts, weekends and holidays.
Contact Chief Down at the Long Lake Station for Application or additional information at 231.947.4096
Additional Job Openings:
Paid on Call Firefighters
Paid on Call EMTs
Employment Application Link (Microsoft Word):
Employment Application Link (.pdf):